Thursday, December 17, 2009

That Bitch Potter!


Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must needs be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent. In this divine glass, they see face to face; and their converse is free, as well as pure. This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever present, because immortal.
~William Penn, More Fruits of Solitude

I regret to inform you that my "review" of Arrow of God may have to wait till the week after next. I bought the new Harry Potter movie and am now rereading the last book, from which the above epigraph comes. Though after reading (and rereading) all the books, it has become easier to pick out the author's faults in this last book, it is probably my favorite of the series.

I wish next she would right that History of Hogwarts that is always mentioned - and I mean a thick tome of work not those slim little volumes that were released as textbooks a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

I love Harry.............. huge fan!

Sean said...

I think it's time I reread them again. I'm waiting for netflix to send me the new movie. Maybe I'll like it better this time. After seeing it the first time I was so disappointed by the really significant and unnecessary changes and additions.

I can't wait for the spring and the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I'm going to start planning my trip in January. What a geek I am!

http://www.universalorlandoresort.com/harrypotter/