Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hero: Robin McGehee


Queerty: Are you disappointed in HRC, or Kathy Griffin?

McGehee: ABSOLUTELY – HRC needs to know – they have a HUGE problem. They are completely disconnected from their community and their base and there is a way to reconnect, but I think they are so consumed with fundraiser events and t-shirt sells to really engage in a conversation about why the organization that is NATIONALLY branded to represent us is NOT connected to those who feel disenfranchised. I know that I, and many others, would love to have an open and honest conversation about how to build a better army, but I don't believe there are ready or willing to have that conversation.


Read the entire interview over at Queerty

4 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

JP; You are my hero....but I am dr=unk at the moment and probably should return atr a later, more sober date anbd re read this post;)

Writer said...

Well, just be careful and stay at home. :)

WannabeVirginia W. said...

Honestly, Steven, you just made my night. You are too funny.

JP: HRC - I am guessing i Human Rights Commission?

Writer said...

Yeah. HRC is Human Rights Commission (or is that Campaign?), but yeah, they're a little behind the curve.