Friday, May 21, 2010

New Hole



We just got Hole's new album here at the LPL. Live Through This was one of my favorite albums in high school, and "Jennifer's Body" was daily heard coming from my room. My sister Jennifer and I hated each other, and I felt stifled by my family and my community and my budding sexuality. The line "Kill the family / Save the son!" was often sung and/or lip-synced with especial passion.

I know Courtney Love is mostly a joke now, but I need to go buy the first album stat.

4 comments:

SteveA said...

Live through this is such a dark, deep album....really have you ever heard anyone sing with such raw emotion, depth and deapair as Hole's Live Through This? (OK maybe PJ Harvey).

I heard the new album and it's ckassic hole...but at 40 something I was hoping for a different sound....

G said...

i'm not sure what file share you use but if you get the chance, check out the demos for the album first - many of them are up on youtube - this is one of my favourite - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4693A8GoBTU

Writer said...

SteveA, when Live Through This came out I was still in high school - a gay boy stuck in western Kentucky country - dark and deep was what I needed. Though I didn't meet PJ Harvey's music until college.

Writer said...

Thank you for the link, G. I will definitely check out the demos. :)