Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Books


Gay Author


Gay Author, Gay Subject


LESBIANS!


Like other such lives, like all lives, this is a tragedy; high hopes, noble efforts; under thickening difficulties and impediments, ever-new nobleness of valiant effot; - and the result, death...
~Thomas Carlyle, The Life of John Sterling, 1851

I should like this to be used as an epitaph when I die, but it's a very vain notion. And, anyway, inscriptions on tombs are expensive.
~Irère Némirovsky, 1934


I'm already in love with this book and can't wait to make pesto completely by hand. Fuck blenders!


No matter where I live, my goal is always to make a space that could be in such a book as this.


Tap water is poison.
~A flyer touting the stock of a Texas bottled water company.

When we're done, tap water will be relegated to showers and washing dishes.
~Susan Wellington, president of the Quaker Oats Company's United States beverage division.



2 comments:

WannabeVirginia W. said...

My growing book list.

Writer said...

I know what you mean. I'll never get caught up. LOL