Thursday, July 29, 2010

Praise the Lord

Via Box Turtle Bulletin:

For those who care, and I understand if you don’t: Today I quit being a Christian. I’m out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being “Christian” or to being part of Christianity. It’s simply impossible for me to “belong” to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten …years, I’ve tried. I’ve failed. I’m an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.

Click the link above for more.

2 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

She is a lovely person, I always found it odd her turn to christianity.....sounds like she realizes now, Christ and christian arent the same thing...BRAVO!

Writer said...

The article includes one of my favorite Gandhi quotes: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.