Friday, July 23, 2010

RIP: Robert



Robert was a new security guard here at the library. He was very good man. I enjoyed being around him.



He died yesterday.



I've been crying since I got the email.



Security shares a desk with the 4th floor staff, so I was just sitting next to him yesterday.



Typing that, I'm crying harder.



My hands shake so much that typing is difficult.



Why is it not raining? Why is it so clear and bright outside?



I will miss you.

From Rob's Facebook:
As I sit here writing this, I think to myself; "What the fuck am I doing?". Normally i Think that writing on these things is pretty fucking stupid, and to tell you the truth i still think it is, but as I sit here, drinking my beer and reflecting, I remember all of my friends who i have shared and still share good memories with. Nostalgia? Maybe, but is that all we have? As the years pass and we grow so does the wall that surrounds our minds, we become harder and harder to read and then suddenly... we cant be reached like before, best friends turn simply into friends and in turn those become acquaintances that, with time, become bothersome. It is the sad truth of this modern world we live in, we keep our distance from people for fear that we will lose them in the grinding gears of time. Let us not forget those we have befriended, those we call our friends, Nakama, amigos... for friends are a wonderful thing, a friend in need is a friend indeed and true friends only show themselves when we are at our worst. it sounds stupid, corny, and truthfully downright stupid... but i would much rather be a stupid friend than a bothersome acquaintance.

To all of my friends... lets stand the test of time, lets sit and drink when we cant walk anymore, and let us reflect on all of the wonderful times we have shared together.

16 comments:

Steven Anthony said...

Im so sorry.....Im here if you want to talk.

hugs<3

WannabeVirginia W. said...

Like Steven, I am sorry to hear. What happened?

Writer said...

A friend died. Yesterday I was sitting next to him, and today he is gone. No other details than that.

Thank you, Steven and WVW.

JamTheCat said...

There are no words worthy of such a sudden grief. Just know many care and will give you any support you want or need.

Sean said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and that of his family and other friends. Hang in there.

SteveA said...

It must hurt - just remember his words and how good a man he was.

Michael Rivers said...

Very sorry to hear about this. Hugs to you.

J@v@JuNKo said...

I'm sorry to read about this and that you lost a friend. My condolences for your loss...

Schweigsame said...

A big hug. I know it's difficult. Thank you for letting us know.

Cubby said...

Such terrible news. I'm sorry to hear it.

Kyle said...

JP, I'm so sorry that you've lost Robert. You created a beautiful tribute to remember him. Sometimes the everyday people, the people we see each and every day, can be the most jarring looses. It's gonna take a while for that sting to wear off. Take care of yourself.

Writer said...

Thank you all for your warm wishes. You are truly some of my best friends, and I'm happy that we have this connection.

Love you.

RAD said...

sorry to hear baby..my heart and good thoughts are with you at this time. Big hugs babe!

Writer said...

Thank you, RAD: hugs back to ya. :)

Jessica said...

I just found out about the passing of Robert the other day. I was truly saddened and heart broken by the news. I went to high school with him, and he was a great guy. I found this blog by trying to find out what happened, and I felt that it was necessary to post a comment. My thoughts are with his family.

Writer said...

Sorry, Jessica, that you are just now finding out about this. I think his birthday passed recently. :(

Take care.