Monday, August 30, 2010

The Great White Pity



Via Slate Magazine: Glenn Beck's rally was large, vague, moist, and undirected—the Waterworld of white self-pity.
Thus, it is really quite rare to hear slurs against President Barack Obama that are based purely on the color of his skin. Even Beck himself has tried to back away from the smears of that kind that he has spread in the past. But it is increasingly common to hear allegations that Obama is either foreign-born or a Muslim. And these insinuations are perfectly emblematic of the two main fears of the old majority: that it will be submerged by an influx from beyond the borders and that it will be challenged in its traditional ways and faiths by an alien and largely Third World religion.

10 comments:

Schweigsame said...

He is one bug reason I am supremely intolerant of the Mormons.

Wonder Man said...

He is a pure mess

BosGuy said...

More like the Great Prick... This man is revolting.

Kyle said...

I read this one from Slate, and loved the "Waterworld of white self-pity" comment. I'm not sure a greater truth could be told.

Sean said...

Follow this link to a Mason condom free but also fuck free video http://khmergays.blogspot.com/2010/08/lovely-muscle.html

Writer said...

Schweigsame, Beck's Morman?

Writer said...

Wonder Man, he truly is. I'll be happy when he gets fired.

Writer said...

BosGuy, I agree.

Writer said...

I agree, Kyle. A coworker pointed out that quote to me and new I needed to repost. LOL

Writer said...

Thanks, Sean. I'll watch it when I can. I did order one of Mason's bareback/piss vids and it is on its way. YAY!