Sunday, October 31, 2010

How I Got Ready For Work Today

First, today's product:


Second, shower and shave for a clean slate:


Then, some powder:


Then, a few layers of white cream makeup:


Darken the eyes and the lips:


Let it dry a bit so I can add teeth:


Perfect:


Pretty good for a person who hasn't had any theater-makeup training in 16 years; forgot to buy any of those little sponges to help put the makeup on (I did everything by finger); didn't exactly know that the white cream makeup took some time to firm up, and who forgot the picture that he was going by at work the previous day so I had to do everything by memory.

Now, hopefully, my nose won't start itching.

This is my inspiration:


And the first person who asks me if I like ICP, I'm banning them from the library for the rest of the day.

19 comments:

RAD said...

cool!!! Happy Halloween to you!

Writer said...

Happy Halloween, RAD! :)

Brahm (alfred lives here) said...

Wow - that is an amazing job. Happy Halloween, er scary creepy Halloween!

Sean said...

You should have pulled back on one of the first photos and I would have loved seeing you in the blonde wig.

Happy H!

Cubby said...

That's really great!

Writer said...

Brahm, today scary and creepy equal happy. I've already terrified my first child.

Writer said...

Thanks, Cubby. And thankfully, my nose hasn't itched...much.

Writer said...

Sean, I didn't do the wig. So the last picture is THE picture. :)

robertga99 said...

Very cool!

Writer said...

Thank you, Robert! :)

David Waters said...

Brilliant:)

Writer said...

It was quite fun, David, but, BOY, was I excited about washing my face at the end of the day. LOL

JamTheCat said...

Dude, enjoyed the process...but LOVE the first pic. You got a nice smile.

Sean said...

those muttenchops (what long sideburns in the 70's were called) didn't last too long. Will you be growing them back now?

Writer said...

Yeah, I just shaved them off for the high holiday. I'll probably have them back by the middle of next week. My facial fur grows much faster than I like.

Kyle said...

Despite your trials it turned out beautifully JP. Of course it helps that it was put on a stunning foundation.

Wonder Man said...

love that and you are cute

Writer said...

Thank you, Kyle. :) *blush

Writer said...

Oh! Thank you, Wonder Man. My ears are burning. LOL!