Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week of Music: Electronica Tuesday

Was Ist Musik by Justus Köhncke from A Bugged Out Mix by Felix Da Housecat


I think I'm more excited about the soundtrack than the movie! But, really, there's nothing like Around the World.

And, obviously...


Here's a song I'm currently obsessed with: The Tunnel (link NSFW - it's xtube, for god's sake!) by, I think, Danny Tenaglia.


Crystal Castles' Vietnam


And, of course, The Knife's Heartbeat leads me to Fever Ray...



On the less esoteric end is my love of Kylie: All the Lovers - god, I wish I could embed that!! But here's a very nice image (be sure to pay attention to the left lower corner.



There is actually a whole lot more I could post, but this is at least an introduction. I listen to Electronica more than any other genre of music, but of course like any category Electronica covers so much. As with a lot of my music, I veer towards minor keys. Enjoy!

10 comments:

David Waters said...

I love me some Kylie;)

Writer said...

Amen, sister!

JamTheCat said...

Nice eclectic mix...and I admit a certain guilty pleasure in Lady Gag's ":Bad Romance." Too bad "Tron" looks so typically tedious a story.

Writer said...

Of course Tron is tedious - it's Disney: Kyle, the last good thing Disney did was Aladdin. ;)

JamTheCat said...

True...because Aladdin was HOT. And I wonder if I should admit to having a crush on a cartoon character?

Writer said...

Kyle, I've had lots of crushes on cartoon characters and comic book characters too. *sad dramatically* You are not alone!! ;)

JamTheCat said...

I get you, Writer. My first stirrings of sexual interest came about because of the "Magnus, in the year 4000" comics.

Writer said...

My first stirrings were from the book The Ring of Bright Water by Gavin Maxwell: it had a couple of pictures of boys and men skinny dipping.

Kyle said...

Electronica, one of my favs JP. There is nothing like it to make you feel alive and a part of everything around you.

Writer said...

I know what you mean, Kyle. Sometimes it has to do with the dancing - all cultures have included dancing as a means to transport one's self into another mindframe in an effort to come closer to one's god. But then sometimes it's the music that moves over you like waves of atoms and electrons. And then sometimes when you go out, it's the vodka. :)