Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week of Music: Thursday Cat Power



Today and tomorrow are also in honor of the coming Halloween. Though tomorrow is dependent on me finding a particular picture.

I loved Cat Power for a couple of years now, though there's only a handful of songs that I listen to with any regularity. Michael Hurley originally performed the song though I've never heard that version nor have I attempted to do so.

The other song that I listen to by Cat Power with any regularity is the song Half of You which can also be heard in the first season of True Blood.

Check out 8tracks to hear other songs about becoming feral and learning to dance with the dog.

PS Once again I wasn't able to check the embedded video for sound, so I'm crossing my toes that it is listenable.

8 comments:

Sean said...

Sounds good.

That pic wouldn't be of a scantily clad you, would it?

Writer said...

No, but if you want something scantily of me, I'm hoping sometime soon to post something to my xtube account. I'll share when I do. ;)

Steven Anthony said...

writer, this is one I truly love...I will be adding this to my list for sure. Thanx for the introduction;)

David Waters said...

great taste in music mate.

Writer said...

Thank you, Steven. Doesn't the line "Oh nobody knows my pain, how I loved the man as I teared off his clothes" just send shivers through you? Shivers like those violins?

Writer said...

Thank you, David. Not to blow my own horn, but I pride myself on my taste in music. Granted I have some really, really big guilty pleasures (Lil Mama's Lip Gloss cough cough) but I'm fully aware of how bad those pleasures really are. :)

Wonder Man said...

Lip Gloss is a guilty pleasure

Writer said...

Wonder Man, it comes from having a chickenhawk for a roommate. :)