Thursday, July 28, 2011

This is Me



Image and quote via The Closet Professor

I really can’t picture anyone at all having a crush on me. I can’t picture anyone daydreaming about me. I can’t picture someone thinking about me when they lay in bed before they fall asleep. I can’t picture anyone telling their friends about me. I can’t picture anyone getting butterflies because I hugged them, or even just because I made eye contact with them. I can’t picture someone smiling because my name lit up their phone. I just can’t.

Regardless of what guys who live hours and states away say (thank you), this is my daily truth. I don't mean to be pitiful, but I saw this, and I knew it as my truth.

10 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Count me in! ;)
Hugs
Jon

RLH said...

Hey, handsome. . .I regularly feel the same way. And, although I know you had no such motivation for posting it, I smile whenever I see a comment from you on my blog.



DocRob59

Writer said...

Thanks, Jon. Hugs back atcha. :)

Writer said...

I'm glad my comments make you smile, Professor (say Professor like a drunk Kate Hepburn a la Philadelphia story). :D

Kyle said...

An all to common truth JP, especially among GLBTQ.

JoeBlow said...

Thanks for the mention. Though I haven't responded to the comments on this post yet (it's late, and I will do it in the morning) I just wanted you to know that I too always smile when I see your comments on my blog. Also, that if you were to hug me, I would get butterflies. Intelligent men are the sexiest around, and you certainly fit that bill, even if I am several states away.

Tim said...

Oh, I wouldn't say that... I mean, there are people in the world who want to lick you all over until you beg stop (for the 1,763rd time). Maybe they aren't your type, or perhaps they've never said anything to you about it.

Writer said...

Kyle, I sometimes find it funny that we have Pride Celebrations. We're so full of pride for being gay, but so often so lacking in pride for just being ourselves. I understand why that is, with the society in which we are raised, but still...

Writer said...

JoeBlow, thank you. That's very sweet! I would get butterflies too. Well, your blog gives me butterflies quite often...both of them. :)

Writer said...

Tim, I'm thankful that these hypothetical men exist (LOL), but we are separated by internet cable and states. Like JoeBlow said, intelligent men are the sexiest men, and I find myself growing close to people who are miles away.

It would be nice to have a similar connection to someone in my realtime life. As it is, if I have any connection, it is mostly physical and sometimes that can be so empty. :)

Thank you, Tim.