Monday, August 29, 2011

Life Coffee Coffee Life



From Remembrance of Things I Forgot by Bob Smith:

The gallery had a small kitchen area, and I must have been in back getting a cup of coffee. I'd started drinking coffee under Sylvia's tutelage. "John," she'd say while filling each of our mugs, "drinking coffee is how adults face the day; the ritual of turning an initially repellent bitter brew into something more palatable each morning - by adding milk and Sweet and Low, or, since you're still young and distressingly slender, real sugar - and then actually convincing yourself that you not only look forward to it, but actually relish it, is a daily lesson in how to live."

4 comments:

designing wally said...

And when you get to my age you switch to gin!

Writer said...

I've never been a big coffee person...bourbon and vodka are my thing. LOL

becca said...

sounds like an interesting book to read

Writer said...

becca, it's quite good. But I couldn't finish it. Someone had a hold on it. :(

:)