Friday, November 25, 2011

Anyone Feeling...



...more Islamic today after enjoying your Halal Turkeys courtesy of Butterball?

If you don't know Halal is the Islamic version of Kosher, and Butterball has been making their turkeys Halal - OBVIOUSLY - to convert us all to Islam!

Idiots!

Via NYMag

The Internet's most visible hater of Islam, Pamela Geller, is warning all Americans this Thanksgiving about a dastardly new force that's threatening the freedom of our holiday dinner tables: Butterball turkeys. According to Geller, in a column from The American Thinker, the turkey brand is forcing sharia law onto all of us by offering whole turkeys that are "certified halal." Geller is aghast: "In a little-known strike against freedom, yet again, we are being forced into consuming meat slaughtered by means of a torturous method: Islamic slaughter." Yet again!

What next: sugar-free candy in the stockings? And Kosher ham? Oh...wait a minute.

BTW, happy belated Thanksgiving to you all. I'm very thankful for all my readers and commenters. Love ya guys. :)

11 comments:

M@rvin said...

The question is, is it really a more inhumane method of slaughter? And is the final stroke the most painful part for industrial farm bred animals, or is it rather when they are alive and fattened with corn till they can barely walk, and pumped with antibiotics all the time?

DeepBlue said...

...and Merry Christmas! ;P

Hugs
Jon

tamayn said...

It's so nice of the right wing extremists to give us a new red herring.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I hope you were safe, and weren't involved in any pepper sprayings for two dollar waffle irons!

Tim said...

She's such a has-been.

becca said...

what can i say i ate good old fashion turkey

Writer said...

M@rvin, I assume from your comment that you are vegetarian or possibly vegan. I hate for animals to suffer but at the same time I love meat.

I honestly with a could prostate myself before the creature that I was about to kill and have some godlike entity to bless my bullet or my knife and thank that creature for giving me it's sustenance but that isn't really the point here. Sorry.

Very, very deeply sorry. I know we on a religious level are meant to be vegetarian but I wasn't raised that way, and I know that I'm weak weak weak. Lord, you should look at my alcohol bill. But I know what you mean. :(

Writer said...

Merry early early Xmas, Jon. If you like it, I wish you lots of snow. :)

Writer said...

tamayn, no two dollar waffle whatevers, but if I need to be pepper-sprayed in an effort to make this world better...why should I allow 84 year old activists to have that joy? Hugs hugs and more hugs. :)

Writer said...

Tim, is she? This is the first I'd heard of her. :(

Writer said...

becca, so did I. But if...well...I wish we were more gentle with our killing. Hell, I wish we could be vegetarian, but we've killed so many of the meat-eating animals that would keep our turkeys and our deer in check...everything that we've done to Mother Earth is so sad. :(

M@rvin said...

Ha ha ha, JP, not at all. I've been eating meat since I was 7 (I was vegetarian before that though). I just don't think the actual process of killing them matters that much since their whole lives are bad anyway.