Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Night Beau



Via Boys Are Us 2

This picture made me ache.

I recently met someone who happened to be biracial - at first I thought he might be Latino or possibly Middle Eastern, but I learned that his father was African American and his mother was white.

We hit it off very well: we both loved singing, playing piano, karaoke, and we could talk and talk and talk, but it became clear that certain things would not work out between us: I'm trying to quit drinking while he likes to drink nightly.

But still...this picture made me ache.

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

Dare I say that you've made the precisely right decision to decide that it just wouldn't work. My compliments to you. to your health.

becca said...

Hugs sweetie

tamayn said...

It's best to know what you want. If something doesn't feel right, as hard as it might be, it's best to end things sooner than later.

Tom said...

It stirs a different emotion in me...a hardening feeling.

Writer said...

Thank you, A Lewis. And I agree with you. I haven't had a drink since Friday AND though in brief moments I feel that I miss him, overall I feel really good about it.

Writer said...

Thank you, becca! :)

Writer said...

tamayn, I completely agree. It just became obvious we wanted to different things. And I wasn't willing to spend every night out drinking.

Writer said...

Tom, I have that same feeling too. :)