Thursday, March 22, 2012

You're Losing Your Total Lack of High Ground



Via USAToday

"I'm very sorry about Tyler," he said. "I have parents and a little brother, and I can only try to imagine how they feel. But I want the Clementis to know I had no problem with their son. I didn't hate Tyler and I knew he was OK with me. I wanted to talk to his parents, but I was afraid. I didn't know what to say."

Ravi told the newspaper he was concerned about the appearance of the 30-year-old man Clementi met online and had invited to their room. The man has been identified only by the initials M.B.

"If it was a girl who came to the room and she looked as strange as M.B., I would have done the same thing," Ravi said.

[my emphasis]

What a complete and utter asshole! You know, I was almost willing to listen to an apology...people who do wrong can feel bad about it, but obviously he doesn't feel bad...he's blaming Tyler for picking a strange looking bf for his actions!?

What a complete douche!

16 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Pretty amazing eh? He would have made a very good Republican!

The thing is if he gets bashed because of his fake excuses by the "liberal" media, he will consider himself a poor victim!

Is it getting better?????????????

Hugs
Jon

BosGuy said...

Its a terrible situation and the only silver lining I can seem to draw from this story line is that it resulted in a conviction determined by a jury of his peers. Hopefully, this will send a message that one's privacy isn't a right that can be exploited by others.

LightChaser said...

He was afraid to talk to Clementi's parents?

Well I'm not afraid to talk to Ravi's parents: You son is a miserable shit stain on humanity. You have given birth to an evil lying psychopath. Please don't do it again.

JamTheCat said...

Talk about some bad legal advice -- his attorney taking that tactic in court seals his fate and pissed off a lot of people. He'd have been better off to admit it was a stupid prank gone horribly wrong, but instead he came across as someone who doesn't give a damn about the pain and suffering he's caused. Sickening.

Sozo's Blog.com said...

He's a complete fucking douche, no doubt about it. Oddly enough, I still want to watch the 20/20 special tomorrow (Friday) with him on it.

Rainbow said...

That's not an apology,that's complete and total bullshit! What was he thinking, violating one's privacy that way? All can that could be said in defense is that he was so stupid he couldn't foresee such a terrible consequence, but when one does wrong, he`s at least morally responsible for any result of his actions!

designing wally said...

I don't believe a word he says, although hey may believe it....

And about the 20/20 episode: the second segment is about my first friend here in the blue ridge & they show my restaurant and friends!

Wonder Man said...

he is completely clueless

Writer said...

Jon, I think Ravi already considers himself a victim. >:(

Writer said...

BosGuy, you may have wanted to watch this past Sunday's Harry's Law on NBC. :\

Writer said...

LightChaser, I think they showed his parents. I think it is safe to say they are already too old for anymore procreation.

Writer said...

I totally agree, Kyle. :\

Writer said...

Sozo, I watched some of it...was that before or during GCBs? IDK

Writer said...

Rainbow, we definitely live in a world of non-apologies. And non-admittance of doing wrong. :(

Writer said...

Cool, wally. :)

Writer said...

I don't know, Wonder Man. I don't know if he's clueless or just unwilling that he fucked up. :\