Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FIRST Out Gay Man to Top Billboard Chart

Not only does this confirm that Adam is no American Idol flash-in-the-pan, but he's made music history:

He's become the first out male artist to have a #1 album.

Other gay performers such as Elton John and George Michael have hit #1, but only before they came out, and they haven't managed that honor since.

It's been a long road to #1, but thanks to a loyal fan base, a stellar album, and Adam's enthusiastic promotion, he's now in a class by himself. Congrats!

Via AfterElton

4 comments:

becca said...

aw did you do this for me...lol..okay I know you didn't but I'm sure you heard me squealing when I heard the news he had hit #1 on billboard 200. Not sure what took them so long to figure out what I already knew which was he is an amazing singer, song writer and performer. I am so happy for him and so proud that his album did this I know he worked hard on it. Such an amazing day and a wonderful accomplishment. ok i'll stop gushing now.

Writer said...

I was wondering what that sound was, becca. ;)

becca said...

that was all me baby screaming my joy that people finally realized what a talent this boy is.

Writer said...

It was kinda the sound the Wesley made when he was being tortured in The Princess Bride but louder, higher-pitched and happier. ;)