Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's Official

I thought he was already out...but I guess not.

Via AfterElton

Emmy-winning Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons is soon to star on stage in a revival of Harvey, and is the focus of a profile today in the New York Times. Well, we've mentioned this upcoming project before, so why bring it up now? Because buried deep in the profile is this statement:

Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship.

Jim's sexuality has been a source of discussion for quite a while (the comment in the article doesn't actually quote him), but this may be the first time such an enormous mainstream outlet has announced it, and the fact that it was done so matter-of-factly is heartening.

8 comments:

becca said...

did i miss something I thought everyone knew this or maybe i just assumed they did because to me it's not a big deal what his sexuality I just think him a brilliant actor. Maybe I'm just naive I never question peoples religion, politics or sexuality i just like people for themselves I never second guess all that other stuff yea i'm weird.

Tim said...

Oh no, he wasn't out before this.

MAC said...

I thought he was already out too... well, good for him. WELCOME TO THE CLUB ;)

Sozo's Blog.com said...

I could have swore he came out after he won his most recent Emmy for Big Bang. I think him and his partner got engaged then too. I remember seeing the pictures..Hmmm

Writer said...

becca, I think many of us assumed he came out when he won his most recent Emmy for Big Bang Theory. I believe during his speech he thanks his lover. IDK

Writer said...

But, Tim, I thought he came out during his Emmy win speech?

Writer said...

Definitely, MAC, this is the best club to be in. COCKS FOR EVERYONE! :)

Writer said...

I'm right there with ya, Sozo. :)