Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Think Donna Summer Could Teach the Right a Think Or Two

I decided earlier this week to post about Donna Summer's never-before-seen written apology to accusations that she said AIDS was God's punishment on gays, and then I actually started to read the letter, when I got to this...

My motto in life is 1st Corinthians 13. "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

And, for me, everything in my head became silent. It was a silence that comes from truth being spoken above the din of crazy noise.

This is what the religious folks who get most of the media's attention are missing: the NOMs and the AFAs and their ilk.

You can read all of 1 Corinthians 13 here. It ends with the very well known passage "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

And you can read Donna Summer's letter in full at Queerty

Well, and actually you can skip the first link because Donna quotes the passage in full.

No comments: