Saturday, June 30, 2012

Last Picture from Home

Today we had all the family over for my sister's 40th birthday.

This is me and my 7-year-old step-nephew. We've spent the better part of today and yesterday watching a playthrough of the xbox came Alice: Madness Returns.

A playthrough is where someone plays the game and then records it as a video with commentary. A single video could last anywhere from 10, 20, 30 minutes to an hour. We watched 16 separate videos.

By the end of the day, when I drove him and his mom home, he was asking if they could come home [to Lexington] with me.

A few minutes ago his mom texted me that he was very sad, but he was also asking about my friend Brian: Did he live with me? So she texted, "Can I tell him about your fiance?"

I said, of course.

His response: "So when they get married I'll have 2 uncles? And we can play xbox...

ALL. THE. TIME!

14 comments:

SEAN said...

That's soooo sweet!

And how unusual to see your feet on the ground. :)

SteveA said...

Kids really see the truth in it all!

Brian McQueary said...

Sean, it's me that keeps my feet off the ground in this relationship. ;)

Writer said...

Sean, I don't know of what you mean! I ALWAYS have my feet on the ground...in some degree or another. :)

Writer said...

SteveA, it is so true. :)

Loki's Log said...

Very sweet and psyched you had such a good time. Does this mean little writers are in the future for you guys?

becca said...

looks like you had fun and adorable little boy

MAC said...

Out of the mouth of babes... love it.

Writer said...

Brian, not always. I'm pretty sure you are walking about quite successfully at the moment. ;)

Writer said...

We've discussed adopting Loki. It would be quite an adventure. :)

Writer said...

I did have quite a bit of fun, becca, and as always, I love being around my family. It's so weird to consider that I used to be the 7 year old boy. LOL

Writer said...

True, MAC. There was a great philosopher/poetess who once said, "I believe that children are the future..." :)

Wonder Man said...

nice

Writer said...

Happy memory, Wonder Man. :)