Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Beau and some updates

Via Just a Jeep Guy's Men blog

Some news: because of some technical issues and some personal issues, I will try and post normally here, but don't be surprised if it isn't as regular as you may like.

My computer is apparently suffering from a virus that erased some of the registry and won't allow Windows to load. This I will be handing off to an IT friend of mine to see if he can fix it, or simply reload Windows.

As for personally, well...I'm still an alcoholic on the cusp of losing my lover, and I don't want to lose him, so I'm trying to go a week without any alcohol at all. After a week, I'll start doing a few other things that I've kept putting off: writing, exercising.

Also this month is weird. I'll be turning 37 at the end of it, and my virus will be a 2nd grader - i.e. it will be 8 years of age as well.

And, now a little something from the woman who has gotten me through so much...

14 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck with everything. And, like you said to me before, if you want to talk about any of these, feel free to let me know :)

Hugs

Mitchell is Moving said...

So sorry for your struggles. I hope you can connect with a support structure that will help you through some of this. I also hope you can find it in you to celebrate 37. It's been a joy learning a bit about you through your blog -- and seeing the world a little differently at the same time. Beautiful song (and beautiful voice), by the way. I am also big on song lyrics. Music has gotten me through quite a bit, too. Wishing you easier, happier times.

SEAN said...

I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. Just take it one day at a time. Sending good thought to you an your lover.

Tim said...

I am so very, very, VERRYYYY proud of you for giving up alcohol.

Tamayn Irraniah said...

I'd recommend posting more of your writing as you do it. I'm always up for an exchange/critique. It would probably get me back into it.

Good luck with your computer though. We ended up having to reload windows completely here. It didn't actually solve the problem, but lord knows the husband can play FF XIV much better now. So he's happy about that!

Will said...

I wasn't aware and am sorry to hear of your problem. My mother was an alcoholic for all the yeas of my life and I wish you the very best because the consequences in terms of loss can be so great. I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Fight this and win!

Kyle Leach said...

JP, we are all here for you. Just take it as it comes. It is a big step just recognizing the problem and trying to do something about it. Take it easy and take it slow. Try to find a support mechanism to help deal with the blow; it seems to be essential to recovery.

Writer said...

Thank you, Chris. :)

Writer said...

Thank you, Mitchell. :)

Writer said...

Thank you, Tim. :)

Writer said...

Tamayn, FF XIV? Well, I guess that is the more important thing. ;)

As for writing, I gotta get it started first. Journaling will be my starting point, but I haven't yet got myself motivated. :)

Writer said...

Oops, SEAN, sorry, I skipped you in the list. Thank you. :)

Writer said...

I will, Will. Thank you. :)

Writer said...

Thank you, Kyle. I feel more support from my blogger friends than I've ever felt from people in real time. :)