Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hyelp.

Does anyone out there have experience using Box.com. I'm looking for a way to embed documents - I think particularly pdfs - into my genealogy website. I've seen this before on websites like Towleroad, NPR, or Daily Kos when those websites want to feature a whole document (released by an organization) in the body of the post. (Of course, I can't seem to find an example of this to make things easier.)

Basically I want to do something similar to the "Word-a-day" gadgets I see on different websites and blogs, but in this case I would be doing pdfs/images of different documents (deeds, death certificates, marriages, etc.) for my genealogy page.

Any takers?

4 comments:

Sozo's Blog.com said...

I'm not familiar with Box.com but the tool you were referencing Towleroad and others using is called Scribd

http://www.scribd.com/

Writer said...

Thank you, Sozo. That's totally what I am looking for and I've already added it to my website.

http://muhlenberg.genealogenie.net

:)

Sozo's Blog.com said...

Awesome, glad to help.

Writer said...

:D