Thursday, November 1, 2012

Links links links

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to sweet blogger daan over at zephyr-files! He is 38 and ever so lovely. He shares the day with Toni Collette (and others) who turns 40!

Downtown Manhattan supermarkets are cleaning out their stores of perishable items, placing still-edible items in giant dumpsters for locals to freely pillage.

O! the things they do with pumpkins in West Hollywood on Halloween.

Sorry, NPH, but I'd totally do the Scarecrow.

Not that I need them, but 200 reasons to vote for President Obama.

Despite all the denial I've been seeing suggesting otherwise, Superstorm Sandy became what it did thanks to climate change. And David Mixner has a post about our new reality.

I'm in introvert. You?

Vampire Weekend has a new song.

I totally wanna read Hilda and the Bird Parade.

Buzzfeed has the 23 perks of working from home featuring PUGS!

Lord! I'm so hungry!

Wow: Karl Lagerfeld's Paris studio.

Nate Silver has betted Joe Scarborough a $1,000 that Obama will win. The money would go to the American Red Cross.

Tom the Dancing Bug: The Republican Rapid Rape Response Squad

Just a few more days to go. How to survive them without killing the conservative members of your family?

How dare you?

I tear up as the baby runs off to find his parents.

Being sober is easy.

Via Boys With Beards With Cats. Silly human:

8 comments:

Tamayn Irraniah said...

I know it's horribly selfish, but I want buzzfeed to get back up fast. I miss being able to read it.

Writer said...

Tamayn, I didn't know BuzzFeed was down. I just checked the BuzzFeed links and they worked. :)

Tamayn Irraniah said...

Oh, maybe it just might be my connection, but I had assumed that buzzfeed was having issues because of Sandy. I have been having problems connecting to Buzzfeed and Towleroad, but it always seems to be google ads that hang.

daan said...

Thanks for the sweet post! Kiss!

Writer said...

Tamayn, the only websites that I noticed were down were Gawker and all its affiliates. Jezebel still has a weird appearance. Both Towleroad and BuzzFeed came back up quickly. Hopefully, you'll be able to get back to them soon. :)

(Though honestly you have me...what more you could want?)

;)

Writer said...

You're welcome, daan. Kisses back at you. :)

Tamayn Irraniah said...

If I had to explain the difference between your site and buzzfeed: your site is like finishing a really good book. I enjoy myself when reading it, and I usually come away with something at the end. Buzzfeed is like reading an article for school. I may enjoy it and find it interesting, but it probably won't stick with me.

Writer said...

Tamayn, I bet you say that to all the boys. :)

Seriously, thank you. That's probably the best thing I've been told about my blog. And makes it worth doing. :D