Monday, November 19, 2012

Via Joe.My.God.: Nate Silver's Dorkiness

I completely agree with this. I remember as a kid thinking that I was possibly an alien from another planet sent to learn as much about this world as possible, and it was because of that outsiderness that I was able to succeed in school and had a keen eye for things. However, it left me rather high and dry socially and emotionally. LOL. Maybe I shouldn't have cared.

Via Joe.My.God.

"I've always felt like something of an outsider. I've always had friends, but I've always come from an outside point of view. I think that's important. If you grow up gay, or in a household that's agnostic, when most people are religious, then from the get-go, you are saying that there are things that the majority of society believes that I don't believe." - Nate Silver, telling Britain's Guardian that his "dorkiness" has helped him succeed.

2 comments:

Stan said...

I saw him on the Daily show and others and I actually thought he was cute. LOL!

Writer said...

Stan, I find him totally cute, and you know he probably has dick for days.