Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Soundtrack for Christmas Day

For Christmas Day, I went to two different AA meetings. The first was at 9 and was just a regular open discussion meeting. At this one I learned that there are days where all you can do is not drink...as though the two words were a one-word gerund. "Some days all I can do is "not-drinking." That's how I felt on Christmas Eve, and except for feeling like shit, it went pretty well.

The second meeting was a speaker meeting, and the high point of it was being with a new friend and my Crush. That's when the above song started creeping into the on-going flow that is my brain's eternal podcast. Mostly the words "paradise" and "reaching for heaven."

Then dinner at a friends. Followed by hanging with another friend and once again my Crush, where we spent the time hand-in-hand, his head on my shoulder, and everything lovely.

How was y'alls' Christmas? And please tell me you aren't going back out to shop today. Hugs.

4 comments:

JamTheCat said...

Doin' good, JP. Sounds like a great Christmas.

So...when you gonna start workin' out and making pumping iron your main reason for being? I hear it's better than gorging on potato chips.

Stan said...

I'll have to listen to the studio version it's heard to understand the words.
I don't shop BEFORE or AFTER Christmas. I am not that insane.

Writer said...

Kyle, at most, I think I'll be doing daily crunches and pushups. LOL :)

Writer said...

Stan, here's the studio version...

http://youtu.be/CvgVQu2RTwU