Thursday, January 17, 2013

Patti Smith, age 11, and other links

Via Dangerous Minds

Sadness: Conrad Bain dies at 89

Richard Berkowitz: a "scandalously unsung hero."

Kate Bush: Splendid concert documentary from 1980. Grab your ankle warmers and enjoy.

They thought we were dating and I was sort of hoping to meet their brothers.

If you haven't seen these yet: 2 Jodie Foster Speech Parodies.

Also, somewhere yesterday, I started reading a piece about how Jodie Foster is actually a robot...which could totally explain her Golden Globe speech, but sadly, I don't remember where that was.

Victor Garber is dating possibly the most beautiful man alive!

Ryan Gosling and his pets.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Trekkie! Or another reason to love Nichelle Nichols.

You Go Boy! Meet Zack Kopplin, the 19 year old who started winning battles against teaching creationism in Louisiana when he was 14

Not Born This Way: Anti-Gay assholes inflict their ignorance on Lady Gaga fans who honestly are too busy being sparkly to give a flying fuck.

Eddie Redmayne as a girl.

A back alley abortion brought Scissor Sisters together. Lord! Can they BE anymore beautiful!?

To be both beautiful AND to have such a beautiful boyfriend? Yeah, it oughta be illegal.

The questions following Aaron Swartz's death

Via World of Wonder. Girl, I'm right there with ya...

4 comments:

Tamayn Irraniah said...

Wow, there's so much to comment on here! I really feel like I don't know enough about Patti Smith. I did love Because the Night, of course.

I am pretty surprised that we didn't hear more about Victor Garber, but I think it's more that I've never known him as a lead actor. His husband is a living doll though!

I only have one response to Ryan Gosling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSOHO3GwEPg

I'm really glad to see that there are people standing up for what they want and believe. It almost makes me wish that I had given a damn in high school. Maybe then I wouldn't have to have shaved every day.

Also, the Scissor Sisters can do no wrong, but I think we all knew that already.

Writer said...

I'll be saving that youtube video link for later. Obviously I need sound. LOL

What do you mean you wouldn't have had to've shaved every day?

Tamayn Irraniah said...

Ok, so back when I was in high school, I let my beard grow really long, and at my high school, the rule was is that you couldn't have facial hair, and sideburns couldn't be any more than 1 inch below your earlobe. Naturally, I let them grow as long as I could, but one time I went about a month without shaving. Since I was a good student, I got away with it. Until one day, when this asshole in my class made a comment about it and the teacher agreed that it was too long. She sent me to the principal's office and I was forced to shave or go home. I shaved in the bathroom fast, but I was pretty pissed off about it. As far as I knew, we were one of the only school districts in the area with this tired rule. So, I went home and talked with my mother about it, and she told me not to do anything about it and just graduate. I wish I had done it, just to stick it to my son of a bitch principal.

So that's my sad little story. Had I actually stood up for myself, maybe this would be a different story.

Writer said...

I had something similar. I'd painted a pink triangle on my graduation cap and the principle threatened to not let me graduate unless I wore a different hat. In retrospect, I wish I'd stuck it to him too. :(