Friday, February 22, 2013

Songs For the Day

What do these songs mean for me? Maybe it is the recovery that I'm attempting to go through, but I find myself really wanting to leave Lexington. As though I sexed and drank myself into a state of ignoring everything that I COULD do. I've been thinking more about writing and the possibility of making my life focused on that, of getting my life organized so writing would be its so purpose and goal, and everything seems so far away.

I don't know if that means anything. I'm still trying to get my inner life together in a way that it makes sense to me too.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Powerful songs. I've been known to play Sweet Nothing over and over again on occasion :)

Someone very dear to me was in the dumps until this Monday. Just one event turned his life around, and it was the result of his longterm efforts, not dumb luck. Sometimes all you need is just one thing. Keep working at it. Hugs from across the ocean.

SEAN said...

Wow. Ellie could really give Rob Smith of The Cure or Morrissey of The Smith for most depression driven music. This is the second song I've heard by her and man - you just know she really suffers from depression. Don't listen to this CD alone.

Stan said...

As long as you relate to the song and find meaning in it is all that matters.
There's plenty of songs I listen to but I have to change the "She" iinto "He" or "Her into "Him."

Writer said...

Chris, I didn't know you were back over the ocean! When did that happen? :)

Writer said...

Too late, SEAN. Honestly this particular song I thought was called "My Enemy" and I thought it was about her relationship with herself.

Not that that makes it any happier. :)

Writer said...

Stan, I almost never pay attention to gender-specific pronouns anymore. LOL

Chris said...

LOL. About a year and a half since I left PA, but about 5 months since I visited Baltimore and the love of my life :)

Moving back to the U.S. is part of my longterm plan, but I want to finish my PhD over here first.

A-and, Ellie Goulding's "Anything Could Happen" is playing on VH1 as I type this. Synchronicity is a funny thing.

Writer said...

That song was just featured on Glee, so I'm surprised I haven't heard it more recently. :)