Monday, March 18, 2013

And I Am Telling You...

...I'm not going! And you, and you, and you / You're gonna love meeeeeeeeeee.

In the American Idol/RuPaul's Drag Race that is current politics, this seems an appropriate song for Republicans who continue to point and stomp and ignore reality like spoiled children hell-bent on getting their own way.

Via Joe.My.God.

"Rob [Portman] is a great friend and a long-time ally. And I appreciate that he’s decided to change his views on this.I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman. It’s what I grew up with. It’s what I believe. It’s what my church teaches me. And I can’t imagine that position would ever change." - House Speaker John Boehner, appearing yesterday on ABC's This Week.

UPDATE: John McCain agrees: "I respect anyone else’s decision and we all learn in life and grow and mature. I have changed my position on other issues in my life, but on this one, I had not contemplated changing my position."

So, yay: we're being ruled by someone(s) who won't question church dogma - although there's nothing in the B-I-B-L-E about same-sex marriage, and definitely nothing in it that says marriage is between one man and one woman (try one man and as many women as he can afford, gurlfriend) - someone without imagination and someone who does not learn, grow, or mature.

Yippy.

8 comments:

Tamayn Irraniah said...

He's just an annoying orange. I'm ashamed that my home state sent this guy into any position of power. Seriously tired of this being our representation.

Writer said...

Honey, at least he isn't Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell! :\

PS I like your new avatar pic! :)

Tamayn Irraniah said...

The danger is that Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul could easily move into his position of power after he leaves. He won't be Speaker forever...

Also, I'm always glad to know that my picture is pleasing to the eye. It's the best hair cut I've had in France so far!

Writer said...

Tamayn, are the French not known for their haircuts?

Tamayn Irraniah said...

I jusr was never really impressed with it. Before I met husband I was very loyal to my hairstylist and she did great work. After I just went wherever I could. Then when I came to France, I found a woman who did a great job, but we moved and I had to start all over.... I finally found someone I like and she was only there for a two week internship and then she's back to Normandy.

I should mention that before I found someone who wasn't bad but she wasn't available the last time so I had this woman who took two hours to cut my hair. I have never had a hair cut take longer than 45 minutes before. Plus, she talked the whole time but not to me. She spoke to her colleague....in Arabic.... Needless to say, I was quite happy not to have gotten her this time!

Writer said...

Wow. It's like an epic. ;)

Tamayn Irraniah said...

I feel sorry for whichever historian comes back to look at it in the future though. It certainly isn't the next Laxadaela Saga...

Writer said...

But it will be if it is the only saga that survives. ;)