Monday, August 26, 2013

This Week

Image via 24 things single people (ME!) are tired of hearing

This week is not a necessarily good blogging week. Tonight I have AA; tomorrow I have my work night; Wednesday AA; Thursday the first Pride Festival meeting for next year; Friday...well...Friday maybe; and then I work the weekend. But Miss B is channeling my inner spirit animal so it's all good.

In other news, now I did not watch the VMAs...but Miley Cyrus...discuss!

As for my weekend, I learned that Jesse James held up a small store in my home county - this being the highlight of my weekend!

I then began working on 1001 MOVIES YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIIIIIIIE...which because of someone adding all the different editions together is more like 1103 (or possibly 1301) MOVIES YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIIIIIEEE. I started with the last one: The Artist. Which I highly, highly enjoyed.

Speaking of movies, last week I got to watch a version of Pirates of Penzance starring Kevin Kline and Linda Ronstadt, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed LR, which made this make me ache quite a bit.

Up next for 1001+ MYMSBYDIIIIIIIE? Hugo...which I will try to watch again. I totally blame my expectations for me not liking it the first time.

10 comments:

MAC said...

I have always enjoyed Linda, an amazing vocalist. So sad to hear about her illness.

Mitchell is Moving said...

Hope the busy week is pleasant. Miley Cyrus? Not even worth my time. Sorry! Pirates of Penzance. Perfection! Sad about Linda Ronstadt. She is an amazing talent. I have loved her since the '60s when she sang with the Stone Poneys... "Different Drum"!

whkattk said...

LR did quite a wonderful job on that didn't she? But, then, never did another acting job. Go figure...

With 1301(?) films to watch, there are bound to be a few more pleasant surprises.

Jon DeepBlue said...

Miley who???


More than 1000 movies... Hmmmm!
I watch maybe one or two movies...

...per year!!!

I guess you can count me out of it!

;)
Hugs
Jon

Upton King said...

Love Linda. A pure voice, unencumbered by a need to substitute individual style for vocal technique. Truly an amazing instrument. So sad to hear she will sing no more. She is so lovely - and in the seventies was one rocking hot babe! - Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Writer said...

MAC, I never really cared for her until I saw Pirates. Yes, I know...I suck.

Writer said...

Mitchell, I will check out the Stone Poneys. :)

Writer said...

whkattk, and a few unpleasant surprises: Bridesmaids is on the list. I've already seen it and the only funny part is the line "Help me. I'm poor."

Writer said...

Fine, fine, Jon. ;)

Writer said...

Indeed, Upton, indeed. :)