Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Damn You Windows 8

We've recently had an upgrade at work to Windows 8, so nothing, no websites, related to Windows now works with anything akin to ease. I haven't been able to upload images or anything. Not that this has been that much of a problem except for the rare occasion that I TRY to update the blog.

I'm currently in the midst of rethinking how I post to the blog, and I thank you for y'alls continued patience with me. Is anyone out there? Is anyone out there still using Blogger? Have y'all moved on to the greener pastures of Tumblr?

Until then, enjoy this footage of an oarfish.

Via io9

10 comments:

Tim said...

Take your laptop to work. Work has wifi, I assume?

Stan said...

My desktop just had a windows update installed. The damn thing took about 30 min. then restarted. I have no problems though. (Fingers crossed.)

Tamayn Irraniah said...

I think it really shouldn't matter what kind of blog program you use, if you post interesting stuff, people will read. I think each site has its own strengths as well. Blogger I think is more conducive to long posts, but I used to use it for more informative posts. I used to be big into livejournal, and that was for my private journal with friends. I use Tumblr but it's more for posting pictures and jokes and the like.

whkattk said...

Still using Blogger... Still using Windows 7. It's why I hate Microsoft...every (yearly) "new and improved" version of the OS leaves me angry that I must then pay to upgrade every program, or find a replacement that will run with the new OS. It's tedious and expensive. The next time I need a new system, it'll be a Mac...

Robert Heikkila said...

I'm still using Blogger but I can only post using Firefox. Google Chrome won't let me. Haven't "upgraded" yet to Windows 8 and don't really want to after reading all the negatives lately.

Writer said...

Tim, it does, but then that involves carrying the laptop to and from work, which sadly is sometimes just too much to bear. :\

Writer said...

I'll cross my fingers for you, Stan. :)

Writer said...

I hear ya, Tamayn. I love Tumblr, but it isn't conducive to doing anything with more than one hand. :)

Writer said...

whkattk, but doesn't Apple pull the same kind of crap?

Writer said...

Robert, I won't be updating my laptop to Windows 8, which is probably why Google Chrome is working very well for me. Thank you. :)