Monday, May 26, 2014

Update on Me

Image via Wallpoper

Hey, everyone! How are you?

I just wanted to drop a line to say HI, and to let you know what is going on.

I'm still in a holding pattern when it comes to this blog. Though I think mostly it is how difficult it is now to post at work. Windows 8 is not kind when it comes to anything involving Google.

Some good news...great news actually. I've won through work the opportunity to spend a month in Greece. I will be in Athens for the month of September with trips on the weekends to Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos and really quite a few other places. Nominally, I have to "work" which means I have to experience the libraries in Athens and come up with 3 policy changes for my library based on my experiences in Greece, but there's also a degree in which the organization that is giving us the money wants me to experience the current state of Hellenic Ideals in Greece. So we shall see.

This is where I hope to be living (or at least sleeping) in Athens.

Also, I've been researching bus passes and ferry fairs and English AA meetings.

With meetings with my benefactor and now with a local man who also has a home in Crete, things have been busy busy. Also we're on the edge of Summer Reading to start. Add AA meetings and Pride Planning Committee meetings, I'm thinking that when I start again posting here (yes, I hope it still happens) it will be more of a nightly thing.

So, as always I beg your patience and thank you for visiting my blog...

Hugs.

9 comments:

Pier Roberto Giannelli said...

Congratulations on winning the trip! And your blog gets better and better. I had never heard of Donna Leon. Now I want to read all her novels.

Tamayn Irraniah said...

It sounds like you're wonderfully busy, and that encourages me to hear! I wish I could come and see you in Athens, but I don't think it's going to be financially feasible, unfortunately. I have an appointment Monday, but this summer will probably be working or we won't have the money to go! I am really glad to hear you'll get a chance to experience Greece, and that things are busy! :-)

SEAN (The Jeep Guy) said...

So exciting! So happy for you.

Jon DeepBlue said...

So very happy to hear from you and that everything is on the brighter side.

Bonne Chance in Greece (you lucky B...)

:D
Hugs
Jon

a{GAY}tekeeper{iam} said...

Hello there, welcome back

Tim said...

Love you no matter what.

BosGuy said...

Congrats on winning the trip to Greece. Hope to see some great photos here after you return this fall.

Robert Heikkila said...

Congrats...I'm jealous

JamTheCat said...

JP, I'm so happy for you! I was afraid you'd dropped the blog completely so haven't been coming back to it...and to find out this, weeks after the fact! Wow! I hope you have a lovely work-holiday and find a man for your dreams...