Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Under the Radar: Cocteau Twins on Blue Bell Knoll

This past week, I asked myself while listening to what Cocteau Twins I have on my laptop, "Gee, does anyone actually listen to the Cocteau Twins anymore?"

And the serendipitous answer came when I withdrew some issues of Under the Radar. In the November/December 2013 issue, featuring the nothing-but-legs band Haim on the cover, UtR ran an article in band members Robin Guthrie and Simon Raymonde discuss their sixth album Blue Bell Knoll.

"What you're trying to achieve is more," he says matter-of-factly. "At first you're just trying to make a record, and then you're trying to make a really good record. And then you're trying to go further.... Blue Bell Knoll was a really important record to me. It really sticks as one of my favorites. Perhaps not because of how it came out, although it is quite listenable, but because of the experience of making it."

Here's the full article plus…

From September 2014, the 9 essential Cocteau Twins songs.

No comments: