Christian Schallert and his Lego-Style Apt.



Via YouTube:

When Christian Schallert isn't cooking, dressing, sleeping or eating, his 24 square meter (258 square feet) apartment looks like an empty cube. To use a piece of furniture, he has to build it.

Located in Barcelona's hip Born district, the tiny apartment is a remodeled pigeon loft. Christian says its design was inspired by the space-saving furniture aboard boats, as well as the clean lines of a small Japanese home.

Apartment designed by Barbara Appolloni.

Original story here.

I wouldn't mind sharing such a great space with Christian. He's a cutie.

Comments

DeepBlue said…
OMG! My dream loft!!!
I want this, I want this so much!
Low maintenance. Only a little bigger for my piano!
And a big bathtub!
Reminds me of the tree house we had when I was a kid.
Chris said…
And I'll bet the accent was a turn-on for you as well?

With the exception of New Yorkers, I can't imagine that any self-respecting American would settle for this little space :) He's right about the not getting fat bit though, that apartment is a 24-hour gym.

Mmm, Nutella.
Writer said…
DeepBlue, I love this space! But I'd also need it a bit bigger for a piano and books, books, books!

But I'm happy with just the shower, especially since it doesn't provide any privacy from the rest of the place. So hot!
Writer said…
Chris, I actually haven't go to watch this with sound, but I'm sure I'd agree with you. My biggest turn-on (except for the apt. itself) was the way Christian moves. He's so graceful!

And, I was hoping someone else would notice the Nutella! Yum.

Popular Posts